Yonex Vcore 98 Tennis Racquet 305g 4 1/4 Inches – Unstrung
With the VCORE 98 (285), Yonex delivers an impressive combination of speed and spin to intermediate players. At 10.8 ounces strung, this stick is lighter and faster than the 305 version, but it still manages to deliver similar levels of precision and feel. For 2018, the VCORE 98 gets a more open and spin-friendly string pattern (from 16×20 to 16×19). Yonex has also expanded the location of the Aero Fin grooves to include not just the upper hoop but also the lower portion of the head. This technology is complemented by an Aero Trench grommet system that submerges the grommets to further reduce wind resistance. The upshot of these technologies is easier acceleration, which will help you load the ball with pace and spin. The VCORE 98 also gets updated with a material called Namd, which is a uniquely flexible graphite designed to increase frame torque, ball pocketing and spin.
All in all, the VCORE 98 (285) is a great option for the rising intermediate who wants a speedy weapon with easy targeting and great feel.
- Head Size: 98 sq. in. / 632.26 sq. cm.
- Length: 27in / 68.58cm
- Strung Weight: 10.8oz / 306g
- Balance: 13.18in / 33.48cm / 3 pts HL
- Swingweight: 313
- Stiffness: 65
- Beam Width: 22mm / 22mm / 21mm /
- Composition: H.M. Graphite, Nanometric XT, Namd
- Power Level: Low-Medium
- Stroke Style: Medium-Full
- Swing Speed: Medium-Fast
- Racquet Colors: Red
- Grip Type: Yonex Synthetic
- Grip Size: L2 – 4 1/4 inches
- String Pattern: 16 Mains / 19 Crosses – Mains skip: 8T,8H – Two Pieces – No Shared Holes
- String Tension: 45-60 pounds
- Include original Yonex racket cover
- No string